Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More clover shots!




I just fell in love with these delicate little babies! On researching, I found out that clovers can have more than four leaflets. The most leaflets ever recorded is eighteen. It has been estimated that there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every four-leaf clover.

According to legend, each leaflet represents something: the first is for HOPE, the second is for FAITH, the third is for LOVE, and the fourth is for LUCK.

While the four-leaf clover is a symbol of "good luck," the THREE-leaf Shamrock, is a mainly Irish Catholic symbol of the Holy Trinity.

No wonder I am so happy...I have FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE just inside my front door!!!
Mine are all curled down, probably due to lack of light! I best take them out tomorrow and see what happens!

5 comments:

Donna said...

How pretty! For some reason, I thought that four-leaf clovers didn't exist, hee-hee. Shows you how much I know about clovers.

Teri said...

oh so pretty!! I think clovers looks so great now because they are one of the few things that are green.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will admit they are very delicate and interesting. I feel bad about all of the weed killer I doused on them last summer up north. Just bad karma.

Aiyana said...

I didn't know this stuff about clover. The kind we have looks more like the clipart shamrocks. I've pulled numerous clover plants out of my wildflowers, and I always look for a four leaf one. No luck yet!
Aiyana

Julie said...

Sue...LOL

Aiyana- ours look like a regular shamrock as well, when they are open...I will try and get an open pic today! Gotta go outside to find some though...

Julie