Translate

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chalk pastel ragdoll ornament in the night...

Well, I've been particularly fond of this cheaply made, thin plastic little ornament that came to us several years ago...just how many, I can't say. She is on the tree, and calls out to me about how cute she is, just about every day...begging me to draw her. Well, today I saw that Teri over at Teri's Painted Daisies has started the most adorable Santa Journal, and it made me think back to when Lisa, over at Artsy Endeavors had painted an ornament a day during December a few years ago. It all added up to me pulling out the pastels this evening, after the grands were asleep, to give it a go.
Standing in the kitchen with the BIG, lovely case of pastels that my SIL had bought me a while back, I began to just freehand her out. Such fun! I always knew I was a cheap date, but seriously confirmed it tonight. LOL! The doll is so cute, and what I ended up with here kinda looks like something you might pay admission to see at the fair! But, she still has a cuteness factor that is hard to deny.
I love her! Thanks to all of you who inspire me just to play!!! You will never know how much I appreciate it!
P.S. There is a lot to be said about having a large choice of colors in whatever medium you use, is there not??? Ahhhhh.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

That's great, Julie! The little ornament is adorable and you're drawing is equally adorable! It reminds me of Raggedy Ann and Andy.

Teri said...

Oh Julie, she is fabulously cute and so wonderfully done. I hope we see more of your art too.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

One cannot get enough COLOR. I think this little ornament is sweet. Thanks for the link love. I need to get busy too.

Snippety Gibbet said...

That's so sweet. What a neat idea for a drawing. jan

Unknown said...

Wow! It's excellent...

Serena Lewis said...

Great job, Julie!!