Translate

Thursday, August 4, 2011

New way to fall asleep instantly!

Lay down anywhere and read an e-book on your electronic device...and you will be asleep in 5 seconds...at least I am!!!

As much as I love downloading new e-books from my public library...I seem to have trouble staying awake for them!!! No problem if I am sitting upright, but don't let me try to lay or semi-lay down somewhere. Oh no. Asleep again!

Yesterday morning, I woke up and could not find my new phone. I called it and it was ringing from inside the couch (yes, I had fallen asleep on the couch)...

My DIL and I both tried to reach down the back of the couch and couldn't get our hands through far enough...so I had to cut the underside of the couch to reach in and pull it down and out.

You wouldn't believe what I found in there. 5 binkies (pacifiers), whole sections of newspaper, tons of dog chewy sticks, and crayons.

We were really wondering where all those binkies had disappeared to.....I've got to guard my phone!!! Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

What, you didn't find any money in there?

But seriously, reading while lying down always makes me sleepy. I can't even get through a magazine. I recently got a chair for my bedroom so I can read sitting up.

What device are you reading your e-books on? I'm thinking about getting one for myself for my birthday. Maybe an iPad.

Julie said...

sending u an email,Cindy.

Darla said...

Gotta be careful sitting on hungry couches!

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
Well you aren't going to read too many books that way are you? Its a great way to keep on top of new books.

Isn't that funny about all the goodies you found behind your couch!..*lol*. Does your little one still use a blinky? At least the puppy has found goodies.

Have a great weekend.
Judi

Laure Ferlita said...

My hubby has the same problem. If he's laying down to read, he's sleeping. Doesn't seem to bother me. Wish it did....would love to fall asleep that easily!

Bobbie Lynn said...

I'm the same way. I need to be sitting in an upright chair when I read or even watching television.

LOL, on your findings in your couch. Good luck with you new phone.
Have a great weekend.

Teri said...

Lol, too funny with finding all that stuff Julie.

I love my iPad for reading and everything!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I would hate to see what I would find in my sofa. Ha... MOstly dog fur I imagine. It seems that Luna's gift to us is fur. UGH...

young-eclectic-encounters said...

LOL I too have an monster couch that eats things. We find lots of things especailly after the grandkids leave, including binkies. I've got to learn to check out the monster mouth BEFORE they leave.
Johnina :D

soulbrush said...

love the header colours- my fave. nice to see you have had a short vacation, lotsa hugs.