Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Something made of felt that I can never part with

With my newly re-kindled love for felt projects...I suddenly tonight wanted to show you a project I worked on with my daughter years ago in her 9th grade biology class.  I was so pleased with how our giant cell pillow turned out...it is proudly displayed in our livingroom...never to be moved...at least until I die! Hehehe. We actually did this the night before it was due...and we used what we had around the house. The nucleus used to be one of those squishy rubbery rings that flashed lights when you squeezed it. We cut off the ring part and glued it down. That was one awesome nucleus...(I just sat a rock in it's place as it probably disentegrated over time....

The key as to what every part was is still attached!

Just thought some of you would enjoy seeing it, and of course now it is preserved on my blog!

With the last day of my work coming up...I first intend to thoroughly clean my house...fix up my garden and succulents, search for a job...and sew some cute felt projects! In that order.   :)

Xoxo- Julie




5 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

That is such a cool idea. Why didn't my science teacher think of something like this?

Cindy said...

Cute! Reminds me of my son's plant cell birthday cake from a few years back :)
(made for him by his ex, who we aren't supposed to talk about anymore, shhhh...)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Cute pillow. I can tell it is full of love and memories.

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is one colorful cell there. : ) Just adorable and what a creative way to do a biology project.
Good luck with your job search and I will pray for you. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your garden.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

shirley said...

We didn't do good stuff like that for homework when I was at school...