Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kalanchoe beauty!


Hi everyone!

Can you believe that I have nothing to say??? I've been busy working over at Moms house, and other than that, I have done a smidgen of attempted embroidery, and could not stay focused. This is a problem. I am searching for embroidery stuff everywhere I can think of...DMC, blogs, the web, books, etc., and never really find what I am looking for. What am I looking for??? I'm not even sure. I have begun to think I enjoy a quest more than the finding, and I never like them to come to an end! Are any of you like that???

My kalanchoe is looking lovely right now with little leaflettes all along the edges of each large leaf. This is my favorite succulent of all, but then again I think I could have mentioned that a few times before. hehehehe.

Kalanchaloe daigremontianum on right in stawberry pot, and Kalanchoe tubiflora on left alongside of tires.

So, I am busy every day, but still looking for a great beginning to something fun...an adventure, a new start. Have any of you had a new adventure recently...or started something very exciting???

Looking forward to hearing from you if you have!

xoxo- Julie

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am not surprised that you can't concentrate on even your favorite things. Whem my Mom died it took me a year to be able to even get into the garden or anything else for that matter. Your interests will come back to you after you work through the surprise and grief of losing your precious Mom. Big hugs.

I have no big projects. Ihave been making fairy gardens and watering watering watering the garden since we are in a drought. I think every day they will ban watering since the rivers are down to about 3 feet deep in many places. The water table is high here but the farmers are using water like crazy so even that is getting low. Sigh..

Teri said...

Your kalanchoe looks so beautiful.
Hmmm, maybe you could embroider something for Emily's hope chest. Good luck in your search. Myou will probably find something accidentally.

Hugs

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
That is a beautiful kalanchoe plant you have and has it flowered? I hope you find a project the will keep you interest but I think right now you have a lot going on with cleaning and sorting your Mother's household. You will find something fun to do soon.
Blessing and have a wonderful day.

Diane AZ said...

Yes, sometimes the quest is more fun than finding! I can be that way with searching for quilt patterns. Enjoy looking, learning, and trying new things. :)

Very cool looking Kalanchoe with all the leaflets, I can see why that is your favorite succulent!

marianne said...

I loved this as a child! All those babies on the leaves!
And yes to stay focused is difficult sometimes....I bet working in your Moms house makes your mind wonder with all the memories there....
♥M

Unknown said...

Hola

tienes unos kalanchoes muy bonitos.

el neumatico con el tubiflora parecen algas y se asemeja al fondo del mar, es muy muy bonito

saludos

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I love to look and look too! Sometimes the quest is the best part. I hope you find what you are looking for. Even though you don't know what it is! LOL

It has to be hard to go to your Mom's house day after day. It would be really hard to think of other things. It will get better. Just give it time sweetie!

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

So lovely! Can't wait to get one of these for my collection! :)