Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Zinnias and Roses

Hello to everyone! I have been so busy! Update on my knee: conservative treatment only. This is good. Went to physical therapist....will only do exercises to strengthen it, and open up my knee joint....sounds like fun, eh??? Just 2 weeks. I can walk, so I am happy.

Looking forward to some fall fun. A corn maze in November, with hayrides, and get this.....a hayride with paintball guns to shoot zombies (for the younger adults in the family), a train ride for the kiddos. It will be nice in the cooler weather to come.

Creatively my DIL and I have been embroidering. It is done late at night in the few moments between getting kids to sleep, and us nearly falling out ourselves....still we like to squeeze the time in there. We are both working on surprise gifts for friends.....I will get pictures when we are done, for sure!

Life is good.....even with temperatures that reach into the 90's some days!  We have been getting some rain every day it has been nice not to have to water.  Here are a few pics of the tire garden (the tires with flowers).  Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Xoxo- Julie










9 comments:

soulbrush said...

Yahoooo that is great news! And your garden is a picture- what a beautiful environment to recuperate in. So take it easy Julie- no cycling LOL.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Good to hear you can get around. Your garden is looking great.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Julie,
Good to that your recovery is doing well and that you will get to enjoy the Fall festivities. Your tire garden looks beautiful. All in bloom with pretty colors. Here in So. California we are expecting some rain. So happy and cooler weather along with it. I hope we have a wet winter this year.
Happy Sunday to you.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Mandy said...

Great news that you don't have to do anything invasive with your knee! I never get tired of looking at your tire gardens! Love your roses.

Carla said...

What a happy spot. Shooting zombies sounds like fun!! Happy Fall, y'all.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

You must be so relieved about not needing surgery on your knee! Very happy for you:) A corn maze and a paint balling hayride sound like a hoot. Have loads of fun. Looking forward to seeing some of the stitching you're doing late at night. That's probably the only time many of us get to stitch. Sounds hot there and here it began to snow today.

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Lovely pictures, Julie! I'm glad to hear your on the mend, and can walk again!
Debbie :)

walk2write said...

I'm glad your knees are on the mend. The flowers look lovely! Autumn is my favorite time of year.

shirley said...

Glad to hear the knee is improving. I love the photos of your flowers. The zinnias reminded me of my Dad who used to grow them when we were kids and sell them to the florist in town.
Your summer seems to be lingering and ours just wont come.
The coming weeks sound like you are going to be very busy. Keep up the embroidering it is nice that you are doing it together.