Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

CHRISTMAS crafts starting on a Halloween table cloth!


Well, ain't this something? Surprise, my lazy self has not taken our Halloween stuff up, before starting a neat Christmas craft with the grands! We cut up pieces of magazine pics in different color groups, and I drew out a crazy looking big old Christmas tree with packages underneath. I cut out strings of pearls from the magazine and we used them for garland, and drew a star on top to fill in, and round ornaments. Emily (age 4) is using colored pencils (her choice), as the mosaic doesn't seem too interest her too much. The whole family is getting in on the act, and adding whatever we wish. It is a lot of fun for them, and of course, it will be hung with pride, when completed. When I was a kid, one of our neighbors had a large picture frame, and it had a felt Christmas tree as the picture, with beautiful old costume jewelry ornaments and I can still remember how beautiful it was in my eyes! I have always wanted to make one. Do any of you have something like that (in your past)that you wish you could also re-create?

6 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

This is simply precious. I love imagining you sitting with your grands putting this together which is memory making in progress!

Rohrerbot said...

Usually the Christmas decs go up during Thanksgiving break:) I'm the same way when it comes to decorating. As for ornaments, I have several ornaments from the past that I hang up, but we've put up a live tree outside our dining room window now that has solar christmas tree lights full of bird seed ornaments:)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Sounds so fun and enjoyable to be crafting with your grandchildren and family :)

soulbrush said...

What a great project this is. My DIL is into quilting and crafting so she does most things with Maggie, but I will see if she wants to do something like this with me too. Love it- do show us in the end please. Do you and the kids make their advent calendars too?

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
What a great family creation you are putting together Julie...I love that idea..and it WILL be hung up with pride for sure.

No...I can't think of something from years ago that I'd like to recreate. But I will continue thinking.

Hope you have had a great week Julie...enjoy your evening...

Judi

Julie said...

Souly B- I am actually looking at Advent calendars now. I AM REALLY liking one I saw with cookies hanging from ribbons with 1-24 written on them! A cookie a day! Sweet.