Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

This is how we make snowmen in south Florida!


I drew him out on plastic canvas with a grease pencil, filled in the details first, then filling in snowman last. I use a #16 plastic canvas needle, and worsted weight yarn and specialty yarns, which are my gold and silver ones, for details. I first thought I would fill in the background, but now think I will just do an edging in a color and have it be cut out more like you would imagine an ornament to be. What color should I use to do that? Any good ideas?????
Xoxo-Julie

6 comments:

Claude said...

hmmmm, something dark would make him pop... dark red? dark blue?

Cindy said...

Gold or silver would be nice..

Cindy said...

Gold or silver would be nice..

shirley said...

very cute Julie. Do you have any gold thread that could look nice

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun. Blue backgound.

My Little Family: said...

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!