Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

U.S.A. lapquilt to sew and embroider over a year!

I am a huge fan of Mollie Johansson's over at Wild Olive, and I just wanted to let anyone who comes here to my blog that she is offering a really cute lap quilt project of the 50 states, that is a year-long thing that lots of folks will be doing together over that time. It involves basic embroidery, and some making of stars out of muslin, and quilting with fabrics of your choice.  i just bought my year of fun at her blog, for just 25 dollars! A whole year of fun! I immediately received my preliminary instructions on supplies, and how to start piecing the muslin stars, etc.  It doesn't take much fabric at all, and only basic supplies. I have never quilted, and am looking forward to doing this so much! It starts now, with the first set of state embroideries coming in July.  If anyone thinks it looks like fun, then please join us, and we can all see what we all come up with!!!!!
Go
HERE to see Mollie's post.
I will be showing my progress on my blog as I go along so you can see.  She says it will be available, even if you decide to start at a later date!!!!! She is a doll.  Thanks Mollie!!!!!
XOXO-Julie

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I know you will enjoy this. I am not so good at long-term projects. I struggle with three week projects. ha... Have fun. I will look forward to seeing what you do.

Simone Felic said...

Eu vi , também gosto de trabalhos de costura , adorei.
beijos
http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

shirley said...

Good on you for having a go at this Julie, I am sure you will enjoy it and have a lot of fun. I had a look at the link and it looks good.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie
What a great blog and a very talented crafter. I can't wait to see your quilt in progress.
Happy Thursday!
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn