Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gingerbread cookies

I was talking to my friend, Karen, and we got to remembering large soft, chewy gingerbread cookies. Not the crispy ones, not the dry ones, not the thin ones...but the thick, soft, warm, chewy ones.  It got us looking for recipes for such a thing.  We found many, but I decided to go with this one:

 http://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/big-soft-ginger-cookies.com

 and they could not be better I tell ya!  I put them in a tin, and already they are disappearing faster than....well you know....and right into my stomach!  I can't help myself.  It is a feeling of fall in the air...it calls for pumpkin spice lattes, and gingerbread!  RIGHT?????


I used my empty gingerbread tin that I bought at IKEA a few weeks ago.  Ahhhhhhh.....

9 comments:

Willow said...

YUM . Yes here comes my spicy Fall with cookies and Pumpkin Lattee and a few extra cozy ponds on me tush . lol

Julie said...

Yes...I already feel the pounds a creepin back!!! :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

These looked yummy! My husband would have enjoyed these. I got the recipe, thank you for sharing.

The link you posted did not work. Here is the address:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/big-soft-ginger-cookies

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yummmy. You are making me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the link to the recipe didn't work for me! No matter, I have one I really like, and the dough is soo easy to work with. I usually make a batch in the fall,using my fall cookie cutters: an apple, a squirrel, a pumpkin, two different leaves . . .and a teapot, just because I have it and it's cute!

I want to let you know that I featured my "Fruit Smoothie" zinnias in a post today! I think you were interested in seeing them.

Enjoy the cookies!-- Kimberley

Unknown said...

Long time. Yummo. See you again soon x

Julie said...

Thanks everyone. Sorry the link wasn't working. I was getting frustrated with it, but then finally used the LINK button at top and it just hyperlinked the address, rather than using HTML. What a pain! Anyway, I hope you love the cookies ! I've eaten mine all gone, and now need more...but I think it will cause a 20 pound weight gain in a week! LOL. Laughing, but yet, serious! :)

stapeliad said...

Hey Julie those look great!!

I left you a message on FB and also a friend request.

My Little Family: said...

Thank you Julie!!! I have a huge paperwork project this week and I think those cooking and smelling up the house while I am working with be perfect! I love the chewey kind too, I remember the ones shaped like people with the white icing piped around the edges - perfection.