Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Good Saturday morning!!!


Well, trying to get a good shot at these aloe blooms is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle! The color is very pretty...a salmony shade. You can see the color in the top photo taken from above, and then a side view below.

My grass is going to the birds! We have been under tight watering restrictions for about a year now, and it got difficult to water due to the times allowed...(4am-8am, for example)...and my pump sits right outside my daughters bedroom,and it is loud enough to wake her, so I chose not to water at all, except to get what Mother Nature provided. We are supposed to have a rainy week coming up...seems like the good Lord provides just in time to keep my yard from TOTAL destruction!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! I'm glad you decided to start up again. Looks neat...what I've seen so far! That Marble Queen Pothos is terrific! I find Aloes to be tricky to photograph well. I got a better camera which does a much better job of focusing -in macro mode- the pix are coming out better. Your Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' looks fantastic. Mine are ailing. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better -through more of your posts! I'll be back!
Rosemarie

Wicked Gardener said...

Yay Julie!!! I'm so glad you are back! I like the name change too. Don't over think the whole blog thing too much. My least favorite blogs try to get "magazine-y." They try to do posts like articles you would see in magazines and newpapers. I always want to read about real people and real gardens. Most importantly, have fun with it!!

Aiyana said...

Julie,
I've had the same problem taking photos of aloe blooms. I don't know what it is--I've shot 50 photos and they all look blurred so I just gave up. I thought it was just me, but now I wonder. Odd, to say the least

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you wanted IDs for your plants. If you don't already know, your Aloe looks like Aloe 'Blue Elf', the spotted ones in the upper left seem to be Kalanchoe houghtonii, but could be K. tubiflora. Would need to see closer pic of the leaves.