Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kalanchoe tubiflora


Oh my goodness...I do feel like I am learning so much with my new Succulent book as far as being able to ID a bit more! It is very exciting! Here is what happened with this plant. I took a picture of it out in my tires. I felt it matched up with Kalanchoe tubiflora, in my book. The only thing was that the pic in the book had little adventitious buds on the ends of the leaves......I didn't think my plant had these until I looked at my photo....and lo and behold...they were there!!! Can you see them??? LOL. Funny how you don't sometimes see something till it nearly bites you in the buttocks!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I've never seen anything like this! Very cool. Is it really as pink as it appears in your photo?

Julie said...

Nikkipolani-
Yes..it has gotten pinker in the winter sun...I don't remember it being this pink, or pink at all in the summer! This is my first winter with my succulents, so I am really learning what they do throughout the year!!!

Aiyana said...

Hi Julie,
My K tubiflora is also pink--which sort of contrasts with the orangy flowers it has now. It's a strange combination!
Aiyana

Kelly said...

My friend Donna has this plant! I *think* hers came with a description label; I'll check with her and maybe take a pic of it to show you. I've been checking books out at the library, which is a great FREE resource! I should do a review on the ones I have, hmmm... Probably not enough time. I start classes next week, have two or should I say three kids, including hubby and a part-time job...

Julie said...

Hi Kelly! I, too, love the library as my forst try for EVERY book...luckily we have a library loan where they will send books from any library in PB County system to whichever library nearest you, that you want them to! I always check them out, but for having something on hand at all times to ID plants with, it has been much easier! I think a review on your books would be awesome! I, for one, would love it. Good luck with school.
Julie