Translate

Sunday, January 20, 2008


Last night, my friend Karen, my Mom, and I sat out on screen porch, in the cool summer's night, and made homemade valentines! We had such a nice time...it was a lot of fun...many of the supplies we already owned...just took a trip to the craft store for a few embellishments...anyway, I think they all turned out great...here is a sampling of a few of mine. My husband made us grilled talapia, fingerling potatos and asperagus, which we ate with a lovely glass of different wines left over from Christmas!!! A night to remember, for sure!

Well, right after I finished telling Rosemarie (see my links) that I don't usually bother to mess with posting my photos LEFT of RIGHT, here I am doing it! I took these pictures yesterday...the bright sun of winter is really bringing out the color in a few of my succulents...as you can see my last post of Flippin Flapjacks is so RED! It is not usually like this in summer...but then again I have only had it through one summer, and maybe it has needed all this time to develope it's dark shade. Same for this beauty above, which I used to think was a kalanchoe of sorts, but now I am thinking is a crassula! Ha ha ha...do I know names, of what??? It is not my forte, obviously! I keep putting off buying books to use for identification thinking my obsession will not last. For those of you who have been reading my blog (or blogs) a while, you know how fickle I can be! I think I will go to Water When Dry's blog (see links), and order some books through her Amazon link right now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Valentines are darling, Julie! Sounds like a wonderful, creative visit! I used to do that with family in the "old days" (like making dough ornament Xmas decorations). We had a blast too!
That succulent is a Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi (you'll find naming plants is one of my obsessions), with common name of Lavender Scallops. I have it as well. :) Your Flippin' Flapjacks is Kalanchoe luciae ssp. luciae. Maybe I'll post some pix on my blog of when it was blooming. It is a stunning plant when it colors up!
Glad you had a chance to try out the left/right options in your posts! :D

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back! Those are beautiful pictures. I was at Target yesterday, and I saw a beautiful sedum that was very interesting looking, and I thought of you. Your dinner description last night made me wish that I was sitting there with you...it sounded so nice.I have stayed in Bracebridge! It is not too far from our original home. What a small world it is.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back! I could almost see my self sitting there with you enjoying that Tilapia! Excuse my introspective blatherings at my blog, but I am struggling just a little right now....

Ginny said...

I wish I could have been there too!!! I would have passed on the wine of course lol but the craftiness would have been great....oh man now I'm craving grilled asparagus!!!!

Aiyana said...

I made a few cards for Christmas, and occasionally birthday cards. It's fun, but lately I've been doing ATC collages for trade with a group a I belong to. That is a lot of fun. Have you ever made ATCs?
Aiyana

Julie said...

Never heard of ATC collages...will check it out online tonight!
Julie