Translate

Friday, January 25, 2008

Well today was a great Friday at work! As good as it was, I was happy when 5:00 rolled around. We went out to eat at a new restaurant here called Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. Delish is all I can say! Then I came home and tried my hand at my first ever ATC collage. Mine isn't really mixed media, but more like a decoupage from magazine cutouts!!! LOL. I think it would be fun to incorporate some sewing into it. I have always loved hand sewing, and embellishment, so.....this should be right up my alley! If you want to find out about ATC collages, search Google and also look at IMAGES on Google...it's fun to see all the creative talent out there! My blogger friend, Aiyana from Water When Dry (see links) told me about this art form. Thanks Aiyana!!! Here is a pic of my first card. It has little tiny triangles of holographic glittery confetty like peices I cut from a strip along the edge of some stickers I had, to make it a little more showy. I think it is very adorable, if I do say so myself. I got my acceptance into a group that does ATC (Artist Trading Cards) on YAHOO tonight! They have groups that make and trade cards! I'm excited.

I also got a surprise in the mail tonight...a Succulent book for I.D.'ing plants! Man there are some gorgeous plants in very unususal places around the world! I need to order more, but I am having trouble with my computer...it thinks I don't have my "cookies" enabled...which I do...so I can't order anywhere that you place something into a "shopping cart" because it has to recognize your cookies to work...I am totally unable to order from either Amazon or Powells Books right now because of this problem! I guess I will have to take my computer to the Geek guys over at Best Buy and see if they can get me fixed up!

5 comments:

Aiyana said...

Congrats on your first ATC collage! It is really cute. They are kind of addictive, especially when you start to trade.
Aiyana

Julie said...

Thanks! I am up at 4am this morning mopping floors and cleaning! Now it is 6 and I am starting to get sleepy...have to take my daughter to take SAT exam at 7:30! Am already planning a crafting table/area again...and what all I need to assemble today! I made a second card this morning...called Needle Fairy...I will post it later after exam run!!! Later...
Julie

stapeliad said...

Hey, I have that book too! There are 2 volumes, they're both fabulous!!

:)

stapeliad said...

Oh, puter stuff... are you on IE? Go to tools, internet options, advanced, and make sure cookies are enabled in the list.

:)

Julie said...

I have done this stuff, but it still believes that my cookies are disabled! I am taking it in to the Geek Squad soon!