Translate

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More "weeds"!!!

Here is my little "weed" bed that I adore! Ya'll know how much I love weeds!!! The Oyster Plants (low purple and green spiky plants), grow like weeds here, and mostly everyone I know just hates them! I adore them, and keep collecting more from anywhere I can! I am trying to fill in more and more with the Ti Plants (taller hot- pink babies)! I can just cut the tops out of them and stick them in the ground and water, and voila...New plants! I think they particularly look good with my really bright yellow house behind them! LOL.

See, here is another bag Mom brought over from her yard...You can literally find them all over in fields, etc., where you can just bring them home with you, cause nobody wants them! I think I will plant them around the base of my big tree out in the front swale! They will look just splenderific!!!



Tonight my daughter and I went to see Horton Hears a Who. It was VERY cute. It has her now researching all about Dr. Seuss, and all of his other books. We both want to read the book...(I'm sure I read it in school, or to my kids, but I sure didn't remember much about it at all). What a wonderful writer he was...I think he may be part of why I feel everything is POSSIBLE, and why I want to see the world, and try things that I desire to try (and not let anyone tell me otherwise). One day I will get the South Africa, and the Canary Islands, to see my beloved succulents growing all wild...just like weeds!!!

7 comments:

Teri said...

Gosh, these 'weeds' are beautiful! Love their colors. Isn't it funny what some people call weeds. So many of my 'daisies' are also weeds.

I have also heard how cute Horton is and have to wait to go see it with my grands.

Green thumb said...

Dear Julie, you are lucky to be living in a place where plants like Dracaena and Tradescantia grow as weeds. I remember one of your previous posts in which you had mentioned that Nasturtium too grows in a prolific manner over there.Truly a gardener's paradise.

JO said...

You've got some beautiful plants there... thanks for stopping by my blog...

Nope, my dog is part Queenland Healer part lab - she weighs about 50lbs :)

Kristi said...

Wow, that's amazing. Out here mustard grows like a weed. The monks spread it around when they were putting up missions around California. I prefer your weeds to ours though.

Donna said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I just love, love the Ti Plants. I've been looking for them at my local garden center, but I haven't had much luck. You have such a beautiful garden.

Serena Lewis said...

I love those 'weeds' in garden beds.

My sis is a huge elephant fan and she has collected elephant ornaments for years so I wasn't surprised that she took my son, Aaron, to see the Horton movie yesterday. They loved it!

Aiyana said...

I wish we had pretty weeds! All the weeds here are just plain ugly. The worst is Skeleton Plant and Cheeseweed.
I grow Purple Heart in a large wok pot so that I can shear it off in summer. It grows back almost immediately. I don't put it under my trees because it is just too prolific!
Aiyana