Translate

Friday, April 4, 2008

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!

I got home from work just a few minutes ago, and as I was getting out of the car, I glanced over to a few succulents I have sitting on the side of my carport. I was just admiring them, and sort of petting them (I know, I'm sick)...when all of a sudden I saw IT out of the corner of my eye! What was it??? Can you see it below.

I had to run in and get a large stone to put under the stalk of the plant to hold this little bud up so I could even see it! It was so far down under and just sitting on top of the soil...I was surprised I saw it at all. Anyway, I propped it up and took pics...because now the Mystery Plant is about to show the world what her bloom looks like, and maybe we can identify it once and for all. I am so excited I could wet my pants!!! YEAH!!!! I will be watching this very carefully...and don't you know I have the weekend to really observe her so close so as not to miss it!!! The show of shows. Seems like I've been waiting years (OH YEAH, I HAVE)!!!!!

You go girl!!!!!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember feeling a similar excitement when my stapelia finally had its first bloom (minus the bladder control issues!)

Looking forward to seeing that flower.

Donna said...

Wow, how exciting. I wonder if it's one of those gorgeous Star Fish shaped flowers? I've been dying to get a succulent with the Star Fish shaped flowers, if only I knew what they were called. Keep us posted, this is so exciting! It's okay, I pet my plants too, LOL.

Teri said...

OMG, you are SO funny!!! I love this post. Do you feel like you are going to be a Gramma? Can't wait to see the bloom.

Julie said...

LOL...yes, I think this bloom will be starfish shaped. If it is not, I will eat my hat (good thing I don't have a hat)!!! LOL...but I think it will be either a huernia or a stpeliad bloom...both are starfish shaped.

Anonymous said...

I share in your excitement, Julie!!

I believe you have Huernia schneideriana there. Should be a red bloom. Looking forward to pix when it blooms! :)

Kelly said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you love your plants as much as I do! It's great when you find something new! You know, based on the place of the flower and the look of your plant, I think you have a Staplia. They have stinky flowers that attract flies. I can't wait to hear more about this little flower bud!

Serena Lewis said...

SCREAM!!! I'm sooooo excited for you, Julie! It looks like it could be a starfish-shaped flower, doesn't it? I can't wait to see the pic of it opened up ~

Julie said...

Thanks for all the comments...we shall see. Today (Saturday) the bud still looks the same!

stapeliad said...

I'm glad that your drama of the blooming stapeliad turned out better than mine did.

I still want to cry.

*cries*

But I'm so *happy* for your plant!