Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A real "Florida" chair!



I found this chair at a garage sale yesterday! I could not resist it. The colors used are the old south Florida color scheme that everything seemed to go to years ago...thankfully that is changing!!! I want to copy the pattern and make macrame chairs like this is in all different colors! LOL. I think it would be fun to make them and sell on ebay! Hopefully I could order new aluminum chair frames online and get them shipped to my door! I gave this chair to my Mom, but if she doesn't like it so much, I will put it out in my succulent room (my screenroom)! LOL.

8 comments:

onlymehere said...

I had some old broken chair frames that I was putting out for the trash when my neighbor asked if she could have them. I told here sure, why not?! She showed me a day or so later some chairs that she had woven and they were beautiful. They were done with yarn and something else but I forget what. This is a nice chair and I'd love to see any you create!

Mary T said...

Oh I like that alot--I thought I had to be the only person who ever thought of re-doing an aluminum chair! We had a macrame one in Wisconsin, it didn't make the cut when we moved though.

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comments!!! Do you have any more ideas for a poem!!

Claude said...

Those are so cool...

but I know what you mean about the colors... last time I was in Florida, I had to stay in a hotel room that was so pink, I swear you could lose a flamingo in there...

Aiyana said...

Now that is definitely a late 80s Florida color combo! What a blast from the past. I had a white couch that had pillows with palms and other tropical plants in these same colors. Your chair is funky enough to be cool!
Aiyana

Mary T said...

Ya know..it probably goes especially well with the tire planters! ;)

Serena said...

Nice chair! I love your idea of weaving your own and selling them....the designs would all be cacti and succulents, of course...hehehe

Julie said...

OH MY GOD---Serena---what a wonderful idea! I would have to come up with the weaving pattern, but wouldn't that be so darn fun???