Translate

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hoya care and love!


I woke back up this morning with my little Doozey still curled up next to me, and rain falling outside...around 9:30am! What a leisurely sleep-in on a Saturday morning! When I walked in the kitchen to make coffee, I picked up the Hoya (still in a pot from WALMART), to give it a little drink. Well, I had last watered it about 1 week ago, and it's pot with holes from Walmart was in a mug with plenty of space for it to drain. It should have been DRY. That mug was heavy when I picked it up! I pulled the innner pot out, and the soil was drenched, and yet the inside of the mug it was sitting in was dry! I just started pulling the hoya (turns out there was 4 separate peices in the pot)out of there, and washing the roots off to dry them out. I had also found 2 yellow leaves on it which had already falled off, so I knew it was in some sort of trouble. It has been sitting in my kitchen window where it gets good light a northern exposure, if that matters. I am now off to do more research on my Hoya, which is so beautiful, is it not??? Love that white/green variegation...it is a real gift to be able to look at this little beauty every morning! Isn't it strange how much happiness our plants give us???

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am not familiar with this plant but it is a beauty. It is wonderful how something as simple as a plant can make us feel incredibly blessed.

Eve said...

I feel the same way about the herbs on my back porch. I can see them from my window. I saw two mockingbirds playing there this morning. There are many different colors in herbs too. I want to grow more succulents. That Hoya is so pretty.

Teri said...

A hoya like this is the one that my house-siter darn near killed last winter. I had to cut most of it off so I missed all the blooms it normally has.

soulbrush said...

it isn't strange to me how much our plants mean to us...it thrills me in this world gone mad.

Serena Lewis said...

It certainly is a beauty, Julie...I like the variegated leaves ~ :)