Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New toys!

I had just ordered a few things on Amazon prior to leaving for Germany, and they were here waiting for me...as well as a few ATC's from fellow blogger artists, which I will try and post in the next few days! Thought I would show you my 3 new goodies!
First is a cigarette lighter charger for my new HP Mini laptop for travelling!

Then a cute little soft cover for it...it fits into my purse, and I chose a black one so it would hide dirt better! Ain't it cute???

Last, I ordered a Prickly Pear cookbook, which looks like it has the best looking recipes in it...with full color phots of each finished recipe! I am dying to try one this weekend after I get out to the market for both fruits and pads! Will let you know how things turn out and get a few pics too!

Have a happy Thursday tomorrow!!!
Julie

12 comments:

marianne said...

That car charger....... looks very handy! Think I want one too.
The pouch is cool!
And the cookbook so interesting!

hug >M<

Julie said...

LOL Marianne! Yes, the charger will come in handy on car trips, I figure!

Cathy S. said...

The pouch is really cool! Glad you are back.

Diane AZ said...

It's always fun to try out new toys, isn't it? You will have to let us know how the prickly pear recipes turn out.

walk2write said...

I can't wait to hear what prickly pear can do for your palate. Maybe it'll turn out to be the manna in the desert, capable of supplying all nutritional requirements.

soulbrush said...

can't wait to hear about the cactus book.

Teri said...

I had one of those chargers-handy dandy for sure.

If you find any good recipes, please share. Looks great.

So good to see you back home and online.

Tootsie said...

cool things!!! love the bag...thanks for the visit...glad you made it home safe...missed you lots!

kesslerdee said...

Very cool- I can't wait to hear how the recipies turn out!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those prickly pears. I am trying to get up the nerve to stir fry my purslane. Somethings seems odd about the whole thing. My luck I will end up in the ER.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your new toys will give you many hours of enjoyment no doubt.

Julie said...

Sue- I agree...it does seem a tad scary stir frying the purslane! Do a lot of research first!!!!! LOL!