Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I finished the book already!

OMG...I read the whole big, fat, juicy Twilight book in just three days! I was reading all evenings and mornings even before work! It draws you in right from the start, and keeps you reading...I was impressed. It was very easy reading, yet the plot keeps developing throughout the whole book. My problem tonight after finishing it is that I am now scared of VAMPIRES! The moon is just a little less than half full, and it is breezy and cool, with just a few clouds floating by in the sky. I was walking Doozey after dark around 9pm (after just closing the book)...and I kept watching for bats!!! It wasn't until after I got home that I realized that one myth about vampires is that they come out on a full moon, and so it wasn't even close!!! LOLOL! I was having fun with it!

I enjoyed it very much, but I don't think I will read any more in the series, because I just don't think I can take it...it is a love story, torn between danger and love, and you see that giving up on the love is impossible...so the danger remains. I feel I will just leave it alone from here...not really wanting to know what the future holds for the two lovebirds! I know I am a big weenie...but it's OK for me.

I find it to be quite intense for a young adult level book. (but that's weenie talking)! :)
-------------------------------------
UPDATE ON THE SAGGY PANTS RULING IN Riviera Beach, Florida:
The 18 year old man who sued the city won the case, and the law has been banished!
Interesting. So the beat goes on.....
-------------------------------------
I drew an apple in the first page of my sketchbook, and I thought I should do sketches alphabetically, and my daughter thought it would be best to do all rounded things...next would be BREASTS, and then Cantelope! WOW...this could turn out quite kinky and strange!

7 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

Wow, done with that. My daughter was the same way and said the same thing that she could not put it down. She was very disappointed in the movie.

The bagging paint ruling I kind of thought that might happen. Unreal.

I took a look at your cards on your other blog and they are neat Julie.

marianne said...

Great, I know that feeeling!
I just finished a book yesterday.I hardly ever read anything but this was easy to read , not about vampires but very thrilling....... The problem now is I don't have anything to read and it is 4 in the morning........
Think I will make some ATC's .....
Can wait to see the results in your sketchbook!!!
I wanted to say can wait to see your breasts but that sounds a bit strange :)

Have a nice day!!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Well, I have heard it affects people like this. It must be a good read. I am a big chicken. I think I will leave it alone.

The Succulent Dish said...

YESSS!! I love the whole ROUND ITEMS SKETCH IDEA! Can I join you and compare sketches?

Julie said...

Lisa- You would absolutely love the book...and I just found out today that the movie was just plain great...so now I must see that too. Mostly a love story!!!

Teri said...

Gee, I feel so far behind on everything. A few days away becomes a mind boggling on the things I have missed.

I never even heard of the book and I read all the time (except for lately). I love spell-binding books.

I love the idea of rounded alphabet topics. So X would be an xray of a skull? lol

soulbrush said...

had never heard of this book before yiou mentioned it...will see...whether i can 'weather' it...