Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all!


Merry Christmas! Here are a few south Florida blooms for you at Christmas time! This top pic is not a bloom at all, but the festive red with white streaks of the poinsettia over in my neighbors yard! Must be a hybrid one! Gorgeous!!!

You guys are all so awesome...and I appreciate you so much! Above is a huge Poinsettia (all red) at another neighbors house...really amazing!
Below is a huge tree with purple blooms that look sort of like orchids!!!

As Tiny Tim says, "God Bless Us Everyone"!


My Christmas Cactus that I planted up a few months ago...a pink and red together in one blowl...are covered with blooms! I had fertilized them a few months ahead of blooming time, and placed them outdoors in a hedgerow to keep them in semi-shade and provide at least 12 hours of darkness from October till now. I will get a few shots of them tomorrow and post.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

9 comments:

Claude said...

We've got three inches of snow outside!

That doesn't happen here... until now...

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you!

marianne said...

Wow what a blooming Christmas!
Merry Christmas Julie!
♥♥♥
>M<

Aiyana said...

And Merry Christmas to you, as well as a wonderful New Year!
Aiyana

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Julie! Lovely red and green post.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That is the biggest poinsetta I have ever seen Julie. WOW. Merry Christmas to you and yours. ((hugs))

Green thumb said...

Wish you a merry Christmas Julie! Yours seems one happy neighborhood: people who grow such beautiful flowers have to be happy people.

ericat said...

The tree seems to be one of the Bauhinia species. The pods of these trees are edible and real life savers to animals and humans in dry times (in Africa). We had the smaller one that blooms white, but it died from some reason.

Bethany said...

Lovely lovely everywhere. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see your CC. Merry to you too.

Judi said...

Hi Julie
I was reading parts of your blog I've missed throughout the December month when I wasn't able to do so much reading...and I'm just loving the flowers. Oh my goodness the Christmas cactus and the pointsettis growing outside is just gorgeous!!
How very beautiful.
thank you for sharing
Judi