Translate

Friday, March 18, 2011

Big metallic toothpaste paper bauble...

I am quite sure that when you view the photos below, you will agree that I must be in the wrong business...I should be a metallic bathroom toiletries box bead maker!
ONE SIDE...

AND THE OTHER...

When I woke up this morning at 5:30am, and needed a new tube of toothpaste, I was immediately struck by the shining beauty of the box it came in! When I opened the flaps of the box, they, too, were shiny metallic...so I cut a long triangle, and came out in the dark, flipped on the light, grabbed a pencil and some Elmer's glue...and got to rollin! Here is the giant bauble I ended up with...and I am in love!

You can wrap around a skewer, a toothpick, or a pencil...but this thickness of paper worked very well on a pencil. I happen to love the colors, and it fits in with the colors of beads already on the strand. I am seeing a trend here lately...I don't choose things, as much as they seem to choose me! It's odd.

Yes, this should be just the job for me! :)
What toiletries box might be next, you ask??? Only time will tell. To be continued (one day)!!!
xoxo- Julie

9 comments:

Mandy said...

You've missed your calling, Julie! This is really pretty and a very genius use of an otherwise boring box!

Teri said...

Now that is the cutest darn thing I have seen in a long time. You are so clever and creative. I laughed at your 5:30am escapade.

I love your new career!! lol

Lynn Cohen said...

It's not that it finds you my dear, it's that you have the "artists eye" that SEES IT wherever you gaze. Keep gazing as this is amazing!

Hugs! ♥

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
Love your recycled beads. Anything goes in the craft world. This is a great project for schools because you really do not have to buy any supplies.
Thanks for your nice comment and Opie got his kiss. : ) Can't believe he will be a year old next month.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oh my gosh. That is just way too cool, Julie. One word: Etsy! You need to open a shop. jan

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your muse was up early Julie. It is nice and shiny.

Rock rose said...

The ultimate recycler. I love it, and what a story t tell when you are wearing it.

Serena Lewis said...

You clever thing! A perfect and lovely way to recycle!

Pudgeduck said...

Pretty darn cute!!! You are so creative- I envy you!