Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2008

My second ATC collage!


Now I am not sure whether I still love Aiyana or if I really would rather strangle her!!! Ha ha ha...this is already, as Rosemarie calls it, an obsession! I was up at 4am (well, not SPECIFICALLY to make this card), but after being up a while and mopping floors...I went to work on it. I was finished by 6am. This one started out with the fairy cut out from a magazine, and since she is a pattern you COULD work with needle and thread, I decided she would be a needle fairy...then I came across pine needles...so she is sitting on a nest of them, and for the upper portion of the background I used 2 different pics of blue yarn, and it sort of gives the illusion of air or sky. Then I had a Valentine bit of stickers, and I found these 2 heart balloons to attach to the end of her wand! This one is really odd (and that matches my personality completely)...so I would probably never give her away! She is a character full of love, grace, and happiness...something I wish for us all.
Happy Saturday...
Julie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. You are a crafty girl! Succulent and artsy-crafty. It's so talented of you. Love it.

Green thumb said...

I'm glad to have found you again, dear Julie.Whenever I clicked your link I was greeted by the message-'Page not found'. Initially I thought there was some technical problem with Blogger...but today I found your new blog link thru Aiyana's blog.Don't disappear again... you've got a steady reader base who become disappointed on not finding you.
Best Wishes

Aiyana said...

Julie,
This is adorable! obsessions--that's my problem too. I'm trying to get an idea for the latest Chunky Book trade and so far nothing. It's keeping me up at night! We seem to have a lot in common besides succulents and such.
Aiyana

stapeliad said...

I respect anyone who has the inclination to do stuff with needles and thread and anything fabric-y.

Oil paint? no problem. But it takes me a half hour to thread a needle...with a needle threader!!

Julie said...

LOL Stapeliad! I love to hand sew...but have gotten away from it due to the plain and sinple fact that I enjoy reading online so much more!!!

Serena Lewis said...

That reminds me that I have to hand sew the hems on two pair of my sister's work pants tomorrow. Neat ATC, Julie!