Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fallen Iguana!!!

This post is for my friend, Cindy, out in California (at Bug Safari)who loves lizards and such. You all may have heard about the Iguanas falling out of trees here in south Florida with the recent freezing temps. WELLLLL...my neighbor (right next door...no lie) just came to get us to see one that had fallen out of her trees 2 days ago when the temps were down to 32 overnight. This Iguana is actually dead. We have no idea if it froze to death, or died due to the fall. I had to take a pic because I actually could not believe it had happened so very close to my house! Good grief!!!!!

14 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, talk about "ripped from the headlines!"

But you know, they say on the news that the lizards only appear to be dead but they aren't. They wake up when it gets warm enough. Maybe your neighbor's lizard was too small, or already weak or something. Or maybe they could bring it indoors and soon it will be climbing the drapes!

Serena Lewis said...

That is just so sad...the poor iguanas! I feel sorry for the wildlife in areas where the unexpected climate changes are a matter of life or death to them. :(

Chris said...

Awww! I am so sorry that green fella didn't make it. I think it would be cool to have them living in my trees!

I had no idea you were so cold!

Teri said...

Wow that is amazing! And cold!!

yoon see said...

You all feel cold there but it's too hot in Malaysia!
Happy Cactus Monday and keep yourself creative the whole week to cme Julie!

marianne said...

Ahh poor things....
I think it is the temp which killed him they are coldblodded they need the sun and warmth to get their blood and everything else running.
Can't people rescue them?
It is so cold everywhere.....!!!!

Stay warm Julie and don't fall out of trees ;)

Darla said...

Only here in Florida!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I saw on the news about the iguanas falling from trees. Poor things.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Oh no, poor thing. : (

Lynn Cohen said...

Wow, he looks exactly like the plastic ones kids play with.
Poor thing.

Unknown said...

oh that is so sad....

Judi said...

Oh no...poor iguana. I know its been cold your way too and thats so bad to have something like that happen. How very sad...
I really hope it warms up.
keep warm...
Judi

Blueberry said...

I was so sad to read about the iguanas! Horrible! I also read a recent article about sheep in Scotland freezing to death in mass numbers. Too cold everywhere!

Bethany said...

aw, poor babe.