Translate

Friday, October 21, 2011

Grandson learns to sew!

Today my grandson and I were both not feeling well. He and I were both home, and to keep him occupied, and to teach him a new skill, I taught him a basic stitch. We drew out our design, which was to be a pumpkin, but he thought it looked more like an apple, so he chose red. I think it turned out so cute. I helped by sewing it onto fabric, then making it into a little 5x5 pillow. When we got all finished, he asked "Do you think I  can sleep with my head on it"?  I looked at him and answered "...well, maybe an ear"!!!  We both had a good laugh! He really loved making something out of nothing, and deciding what design to make. I might have a new sewing buddy. YES!!!


6 comments:

Teri said...

This is just so sweet Julie. Love it.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a beautiful gift that Donovan made. He did a great job. He is so blessed to have a Grandma like you. Feel better soon.

MrBrownThumb said...

OMG, that's adorable! Pretty soon he'll have his own Etsy store.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What an excellent job. Wow you are a good teacher and he is a great student.

shirley said...

Oh Isn't that just gorgeous and he did such a wonderful job too.

yoon see said...

Well done Julie! Well done Donovan!
High five to Julie and high five to ten!

I really love your creativeness. Not just fun project but it's handmade with love...lots of love!