Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Turn your gosh darn junk envelopes into gift bags!

Oh my gosh...last night I stumbled upon this video (below) on how to make a gift bag from an envelope. Well, I had a 5x9 envelope, so I just knew I had to try it! I made a tiny bag with not much depth to it, on the first try (the one in front that I stamped with dragonflies)....and then today I got a really big junk envelope in the mail (with a window in it), and I tried again. This time I made deeper folds and it turned out a great size! I did some simple doodling on it with my new cranberry colored calligraphy pen. I stuck some gold and silver tissue paper inside to show off the window, but I think a solid color would really be great! Now I am gonna be obsessed. I think I need to start buying gifts for everyone I know, so I can keep pumpin these babies out from my junk mail. Just open those junk envelopes carefully, so you can re-glue down the flap. Oh dear...I am wondering about my mental health now!!! :) If you dare to watch the video, you better be worried about your mental health too!!! (You are welcome)!! Hehehehe.

The YouTube video on how is HERE!!!

7 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Way too cool! I watched the video and think I could manage those bags. They are very neat! jan

Teri said...

Julie, this so fun. I had to go look and one day I am going to try it.
We sure are two of a kind!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Julie, you always find the most creative things to do.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Well that's darn clever, I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Cohen said...

how fun afraid to look into it...there will be no stopping me!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea - I love your projects :)

Serena Lewis said...

Great work, Julie! One of my blog friends makes beautiful gift bags from cereal boxes. Recycling can be so awesome!