Translate

Friday, March 16, 2012

New seeds planted and drawn!


Yesterday my Mom and I were in Dollar Tree and I found these really pretty Cosmos seeds! See that price on the package??? Well, they were selling them 4 for a dollar! So I spent a quarter!!! I loved that, since I am so damn cheap!!!

I have never used this brand before, so we shall see what happens next. The pic below shows the tire they are planted in now. As soon as they show their little heads, I will have a picture, you know!!!

I was sitting in the shade and decided to stop and take a few minutes to do a little basic sketch of the seed package. It was a few moments of heaven! I am always inspired by my blogging friend, Penny, over in Australia at With My Boots and Sketchbook! She does the neatest stuff. Australians are so artistic! I am enjoying friends there who paint, sketch, and embroider, so much! I think I must plan a trip in 5 years to go over and see this beautiful country!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are going out to dinner tonight, and beyond that, no plans yet for Saturday and Sunday, other than we will have a grand grandparents weekend, for sure! Hey, maybe I will sneek about and do some more sketches!

8 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I can't wait to see your sprouts honey! Happy weekend!

Teri said...

Julie, I love when you sketch! You are so good and you just don't believe it.
I want to see those flowers when they grow, they are so beautiful!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I think the drawing bug must be contagious (hope that's how you spell it)! Cosmos are fun to draw and I'd been thinking about get out some seed packages I have left over from last year and drawing what was on them. Thank you so much for introducing me to Penny and Lynn's wonderful blogs. Turns out Lynn had a blog listed for a woman who lives in Oregon...so I found THREE great new blogs. They are all very inspiring artists. I truly appreciate your thinking of me. Have a great weekend.

Lynn Cohen said...

I adore cosmos flowers. Used to have tons in my garden when I was a gardener long before I put pen and ink and paint on paper. Terrific sketch here of the packet. I am sure one packet has tons of seeds. A quarter was enough to spend I bet.

I so appreciate all your recent comments on my blog Julie, thanks so much.

Penny said...

thanks for the mention, and I think this drawing is absolutely great. You are much better than you give yourself credit for. Keep it up.

shirley said...

I love cosmos in the garden Julie, my dad grew them, and my son has them in abundance. They always seem to be in bloom when I visit.

I will look forward to you visiting Australia some time.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Love your sketch Julie. It will be a great way to remember what you planted where.

yoon see said...

The packaging looks great and your sketch reflected the joy of yours choosing the seeds.
Have fun gardening dear Julie and let the seeds grow and multiply as many possible according to the promises of God!