Translate

Monday, December 26, 2011

Next Day After Christmas Morning Quiche

I just made my first ever in my life handmade CRUST! Can you even believe I have been so afraid to try it. It was such an easy thing...a 3 minute thing at best. I'm a little scared now...I could probably do without ever eating any crusts for the rest of my fat life!!! LOL. Oh well...just had to share just how lovely (mind you I did not do a fancy edge...this is just a rustic crust) it turned out. This is a turkey and cheese quiche with herbs de province for seasoning, and a pinch of nutmeg, and on top a sprinkle of paprika for color. Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

This is the beginning of two days off from work. I made fresh orange juice in the Vitamix too. Wowzers!

Have a great week everyone.


5 comments:

Teri said...

We also had a breakfast casserole for Christmas but used frozen potatoes as a crust and topped it with eggs, onion and cheese. Lol

I know you must have had a wonderful Christmas with the little ones, they just make the day.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

A friend of mine has a recipe for a quiche without a crust. Yummm. You are brave to learn to make crusts. Makes me hungry for crusty food just hearing about it.

Julie said...

Teri- that sounds devine!

Lisa- go get something crusty...it is so good!!! I might have to try my hand at a pot pie next!

soulbrush said...

This is fantastically appetising, but I must say my stomach couldn't have any more food right now- it's detox for me for a few days.

Snippety Gibbet said...

I never feel successful at crustmaking. Though I fall back on the Pillsbury roll out crusts, I continue to buy better rolling pins and crust making gadgetry.