Translate

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

These boots are made for rooting...

...and that's just what they've done!

I am trying an experiment...about 2/3's of these Fittonia were actually rooted in water, and I stuck in 1/3 without roots. I want to see if I keep the soil moist, if they will root on their own, which I feel they definately will. Hope I am right! I think this variety of Fittonia is my favorite...the white veins show up so prettily against the dark green leaf.

These boots I found at a thrift store a few months ago, and wondered what I would do with them...they found a home in my kitchen with the low-light loving Fittonia! A match made in heaven!

7 comments:

Stapeliad said...

JULIE I just can't believe how many plants you have!!!

LOL how wonderful.

Hugs!
Jessica

Kelly said...

I LOVE those boots! Their really cute and the plant looks great in them!

Kelly

Ginny said...

you're so cute teehee

Claude said...

I used to always root this plant in terrariums, just sticking them in the dirt... I grew the miniature variety, little white veined leaves...

I'm betting these will root just fine!

Teri C said...

Julie! these are sooooooooooooooo adorable!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

Claude...good to hear yours just rooted like that! Yeah!!!

Serena said...

I like the white veins too, Julie, and WOW....great boots!