Translate

Monday, August 4, 2008

Cactus Monday

Well, how sweet that Soulbrush invited me to join Cactus Monday! I am honored. I still feel badly that I could not keep up with Green Thumb Sunday, back when Aiyana invited me! I have problems doing anything in a timely way on here. I will try this, but I can't promise I can be here properly! LOL.

So here is my first contribution to Cactus Monday! A quick sketch of my new Fairy Castle cactus potted in a Mug in my kitchen window! Don't laugh...I'm not an artist at all...just playin around! LOL.

OK...just to let you know, I have been trying to upload my image for 1 hour now...and it is 10:30pm right now. Blogger is having a problem. I have shut down and re-started my computer to be sure it is not my problem, but it didn't help! I will try again at around 11:30pm and see if it will come though...otherwise I may have to wait till next Cactus Monday to show you!

OK...it finally worked and it is officially already Tuesday! Happy Tuesday everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your drawing looks pretty good to me!

soulbrush said...

what do you mean, you aren't an artist? this is as good as my 'artistic' attempt. welcome and don't worry i'll remind you...give us a photo every week from your amazing collection...hugs

soulbrush said...

is it 36 days till ginny(your daughter?) has her baby...oh how exciting! my DIL is 14 weeks pregnant, my first grandchild due next january -whooppeeee

Pudgeduck said...

You are so talented! Thats my final answer!!!!!!

Teri said...

Well geez Julie, you keep saying you are not an artist and then you come with something so great!! Love the cactus and the saying on the cup :)

Happy Cactus Monday on Tuesday.

Aiyana said...

Better late than never! I still wish you could have kept up with GTS, but the list has grown so much that it is impossible for me to get through it anymore. So many sites haven't posted in months, and some try to plant viruses when they are opened, so I just visit the ones who have visited me, or that I'm familiar with. That's the problem with some of these memes. They are great to begin with, but then get unmanageable.
Aiyana

Julie said...

Aiyana- You know, I think that is what got me discouraged about GTS...too many people on the list, and like you said...a lot of time you would find people had not posted...I started having old age pains sitting so long trying to go through it all!!! LOL.

Everyone who left a positive commnet on this drawing...I just have one thing to say...you are all NUTS!!! LOL. Love ya anyway!!!

SoulB- yes...only a bit longer till my little Emily June (granddaughter) is born over in Germany!!! She will be my 4th grandchild! How exciting you are expecting one too! It's so much fun!!!

Claude said...

I like that little drawing... please be so kind as to add me to your list of lunatics.

Sarah said...

Thanks LOTS!!!! That would be a fun job.

Claude said...

to clarify... Please put me on the list of people who like this drawing and are evidently nuts... I never enjoyed the meme things.

Julie said...

Oh...Ha ha ha Claude...I see! You are funny! Thanks!!! :)

Serena Lewis said...

What do you mean 'you're not an artist'?! Sure looks like art to me and a great addition to the Cactus Monday challenge. WTG!

Julie said...

OMG Serena- you are so funny!!! You really can't call this art!!! LOL