Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Frithia pulchra (Amended)


(Frithia pulchra)

The name I had on this drawing is wrong, as pointed out by fellow blogger, Matt. I have noted it here, but cannot change my drawing...so just be aware of the error on my part)!!! Sorry...they are very similar looking!

OK...my little picture of "Baby Toes". Just a little something to draw while listening to all of the scuttle regarding John McCains runningmate last night, and the continuing story regarding the missing little girl named Kaylee, and her Mom being re-arrested last night in the early morning hours! I think drawing keeps me calm during all of the news that can be so upsetting. Below is a picture I borrowed from the internet to show what I was going for in looks. Ain't they sweet?

13 comments:

Claude said...

very nice... I guess, with the new grand-baby that you have baby toes on your mind!

soulbrush said...

'baby toes' gran, nice name! well drawn too. hows your new little grand doing?

Julie said...

Isn't that funny...it never hit me I was making baby toes in relation to the new baby...I guess I was!!! LOL!

Julie said...

Isn't that funny...it never hit me I was making baby toes in relation to the new baby...I guess I was!!! LOL!

My Little Family: said...

I love your baby toes drawing - it's one baby toes I might be able to keep alive. I think you should drame it for the nursery!

Serena Lewis said...

Your drawings are coming along so well, Julie.

I haven't heard about it here but I hope the missing girl is found safe and well. It sounds like suspicious circumstances if they have arrested the mother. :(

Donna in Louisiana said...

Look at you, the little artist. Those drawings are beautiful.

Donna

Aiyana said...

Great job! I could certainly tell what type of succulent it was on first glance.
Aiyana

Matt said...

Nice sketch, but that's Frithia pulchra, not Fenestraria. The two genera look pretty similar, but the pink flowers and slightly rough leaves are characteristic of Frithia.

Julie said...

Matt- thanks. I guess I had better cut off the name I had on it, and re-publish! LOL. They are all very similar, it's true!

Matt said...

Julie: no problem. I'm always happy to provide mesemb nomenclatural pedantry.

Julie said...

Matt-
I am so happy you come over to visit my homey little blog! I feel honored to have your brain coming around here!!! Thanks!!!

Wicked Gardener said...

Cute plant. It looks very touchable. (Isn't this Caylee thing crazy? I'm watching her mother get out of jail again right now. If she is guilty of nothing else, she needs to be locked up for not reporting her kid missing for a month.) Good luck