Translate

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Two fold Cactus Monday!

I would like to share a poem written by my friend, CLAUDE regarding me not having a Pachypodium...I just think it is purely awesome and a lot of fun!

Julies Lament

I do not have a Pachypodium!
A plant my soul doth covet.
If you send a Pachypodium,
I promise that I'll love it!

I've raked the valleys, I've searched the hills,
I even checked at Wal-mart!
And not a single Pachypodium,
To ease my aching heart.

What caped crusader, what green-skinned hero,
What knight on noble steed?
Shall bring a Pachypodium,
To sate this hungry need?

Not swaying palms, not lilies fair,
Nor Roses by the bower...
Can replace a Pachypodium,
In this, my darkest hour.
------------------------------------------------------ thx Claude!
And now for my Cactus Monday contribution...an idea that had come in my head during the week, and I knew I had to draw it out!



Good luck getting the kids all back to school!!!
Julie

9 comments:

Aiyana said...

What talent! I had no idea Claude was a poet. Pretty good--you've got a younger many writing poetry for you.
Aiyana

Linda Fleming said...

Julie, there is a place in Punta Gorda, FL. that sells these. Here is the link:

http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/Pachypodium_lamerei.htm

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see that they have them in 1 gal. pot for $19.95

Teri said...

It IS a wonderful poem and I LOVE you cactus idea.

Happy Cactus Monday!!

soulbrush said...

good one claude...
we only go back to school on 1 september (thank god!)
happy cactus monday fellow cactuteer!

Tootsie said...

My kids don't go back until the 2nd! I love the poem! have a fabulous week!

stapeliad said...

Oh, what a CHARMING poem!!

Pachypodiums, btw, are sincerely wonderful and you should definitely get one or three or ten of them.

there are some nice ones here:

www.shoalcreeksucculents.com

Ashraf sharif said...

nice poem for pachypodium ,
good luck my friend

Claude said...

Thanks for the compliments, but I'm really not a poet. I just occasionally make up silly rhymes...

Julie, I see on the news that a hurricane is coming through... are you gonna get any of it? Be Safe!

Julie said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments and ideas. Claude...you are awesome! Thanks again for the very creative poem!!!
Tucked in for the night to ride out the storm tomorrow if necessary.

Stapeliad- gonna check out shoal creek now...thanks!

Linda- Hi! Thanks...that is a great place...Top Tropicals! Will re-check it out!!!