Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Something fun!

Now this looks like a fun project to make with my new grandbaby girl one day in about 8-10 years! A succulent purse!

I found this at Bags To Check Out. I would love to make one of these, but it would probably cost quite a bit of moolah! Oh...BTW...it is getting windy here, and we are already having rain bands with lightning and thunder (which Doozey just loves...NOT)...and I was thinking if I can get out tomorrow and try and get my succulent birdhouse put together, I will. It is getting a little rediculous now with all of these storms coming by. Amazing how large the swirling rain bands are coming out from the center of hurricane Gustave. I expect the next few days to be not so great weather-wise here. I'm glad we have the extra holiday day (Monday) off. We may need it anyway. Oh...here is another rain band coming through. Maybe I will go take a picture of the drawing I did last night till 2am, with my colored pencils...if I hurry I can get it posted before we need to unplug all computers here, and modem lines from the walls...if the lightning comes up again. I don't take chances with it anymore after once having a modem fried. I basically cannot live without my laptop any more...and that is a fact!

8 comments:

Claude said...

But... where would you keep your wallet?

Take care of yourself with the storm. I don't think you're going to take the worst of it, but don't take any chances...

soulbrush said...

this is pure delight. yes, my snuffs hates the lightning and thunder too...we have to pick her up and wrap her in something, and close all curtains and switch on the radio -LOUD.
in SA we had elecricity burnouts in thub=nderstorms, but it doesn't happen here in the uk. BTW you should get to SA one day, the succulents there are wonderful.

Julie said...

Claude- no, we will just have messy weather here...not dangerous. Thank God for that. My heart goes out to the folks who will be severely impacted.

Julie said...

Claude- I would have a fat, succulent, filled to capacity (with water) wallet laying next to my purse!!! LOL.

Soul B= I just heard about a coat you can put on your dog to keep them calm during storms...something with a silver lining inside (I think)...just heard about it last night...will find out more and post about it for all of the folks with dogs! It works...one of my neighbors got one, and their dog was just having terrible problems to where they had to medicate him during storms. Now he takes no medicine!

My Little Family: said...

Julie, that is the coolest thing! I am a purse freak. LOL One would definetly have to start rooting cuttings for a year or so before contructing this.

I believe the birdhouse is something you or I could do and it would be much easier to display!

My Little Family: said...

http://lenkindesign.blogspot.com/2007/09/succulent-topiaries.html

My Little Family: said...

Forget the last comment. This is what I want you to see - a Miami snowman!
http://www.topiaryartworks.com/snsuto.html

Julie said...

What a great snowman!!! I love it and want to make one for Christmas now!!!