Translate

Sunday, August 31, 2008

CACTUS MONDAY



One perfect pad. I took this photo a few days ago when I noted it sticking up all alone and so perfectly. I have been using a sort of mantra in the last week, and I call it "ONE THING". I have been trying to use it to just slow down and appreciate everything. Food, activities, people, etc., by concentrating on the ONE THING I am doing at the time. I started out using it as a way to slow down and think more about what I eat, and how I eat. Now I find myself thinking of it in so many other ways during my day. I thought this one pad was fitting for me this week on Cactus Monday!

11 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I like your mantra, Julie. :) I'm also learning to be in the present moment.

Teri said...

Perfect symbolism!! It sounds like such a good idea to do that.

Happy Cactus Monday!

soulbrush said...

we come into this world alone and we leave it alone too!
that's a good mantra, will use that at school (which was okayish today...)
hcm cactuteer!

Aiyana said...

It looks like it's swearing to something, holding up its pad. Hope you have a nice Labor Day,
Aiyana

Sarah said...

That is perfect. Oh and thanks. I love my outfit too!!!

Sarah said...

Sorry
This is a late thank you to the comment you left on my photography blog. It makes me want to have a tea party too

Sue Seibert said...

Very good idea. My daddy used to say...one thing/day at a time. Love the single cactus leaf...looks like a spineless.

Eve said...

I am on the same wave length. On the eating and and it also fits in with my thinking on learning to live a more simple life.

Julie said...

Sioux- this plant seems to possibly be a cross between a Beavertail cactus, and a spineless variety! The flowers are the same as the Beavertail.

Eve- it really does turn out to be something that is simple, and easy to remember during my day...to simplify.

Pudgeduck said...

Hope it works for you! I can't seem to concentrate on One Thing!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I want to wish you Happy Cactus Monday a few days late. I just found your blog via Teri's Painted Daisies. I too participate in Cactus Monday. I really like your single paddle of prickly pear. It can give us all hope.