Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Granddaughter update!

Just got word that my daugher in law is having contractions about 15 minutes apart!! I added a new baby counter to the blog...and updated the due date. The doctor told her they will induce on Sept. 8, if she hasn't delivered yet! She is waiting now until the contractions become 5-7 minutes apart and have lasted 2 hours before she goes to the hospital. Her Mom and Dad are there to help, which I am so happy about...I think it is nice if a gal can have her own Mommy there when she has a baby. She loves me and I love her, but still...to have your OWN mom is very special. I will get to meet Emily June next spring when I hope to fly over with my husband and spend a few weeks (Germany). That is the plan for now...if the good Lord's willing, and the creek don't rise!!! LOL :)

9 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very very exciting, though it must br hard for you with them being so far away...! I hope all goes well!

Pudgeduck said...

You won't leave once you see her! You should make necessary plans immediately -sell the house and go!

Tootsie said...

oooohhhh! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! FEEL A LITTLE FOR HER...BUT MOSTLY JUST CAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE THREE TIMES...IT STINKS!

keep me posted!

Mary said...

Sooooo excited for you!
I've just been chatting with my dil about her baby's coming and which mom should be here and all that. I'm hoping her mom can come since she lives nearish and I can come a little later after they are 'settled in'. I'd love to come to help--but realistically I live too far--as do you.
Hard to imagine a grandbaby so far isn't it? Oh--ours is going to be 'Ruby Anne' cute huh?

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting. All the best to your family!

My Little Family: said...

I didn't realize your granddaughter was going to be born in Germany. It will be nice that you can spend a few weeks after traveling so far. And by Spring she will probably be on a routine, LOL.

Aiyana said...

Sounds like an exciting time for you! Hope all goes well. You may not be able to wait until Spring, once you start seeing photos.

My only grandchild is graduating from college in December. It's been a long time since I've been around babies, except for a few young friends who have new babies. Perhaps I'll have a great grandchild in a few years. I started young and will still be kind of young for a g-grandchild. I don't think my grandson is even considering getting married for awhile, so maybe I will be real old by then!
Aiyana

soulbrush said...

aaaaaagggghhhh i am hysterical just thinking about it!

Julie said...

Old Lady- thanks...it is hard being so far away!!! :(

Pudgeduck- yeah, if only!!! LOL

Tootsie- LOL girl, twice was enough for me...I had 2, and also had 2 stepsons, which was perfect...got 4 for for the price of 2! LOL

Vickie- can't wait for spring!

Louise- Thanks!!!

Mary- Ruby Anne is such a sweet name!!! I know you are so excited also!!! Great fun time!

Aiyana- LOL...you will never be old!!!

Soul B- Thanks, girl!!!