Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Florida Spring Plant Smorgasbord!

OK, I have to admit...I am a bit jealous of all of the spring flowers everyone is posting right now...so I decided to carry my camera with me today and take pictures wherever I went. As you might guess, living in a tropical area...not much changes season to season...it is just tropical all the time. I JUST HAD TO find some beautiful blooms to show. I want to be part of the group having fun with their photos of spring flowers!!! I hope you all will love what I found today so far...
First...a hibiscus with red center and yellow petals! Lovely!

Then a really gorgeous white orchid bloom that was found up in an oak tree!!!

A purple Tibouchina bloom on a large bush in my Moms front yard!

Then some reddish pink color hibiscus that we call "Daddy". Long story.

Check out this little teeny hisicsus that hangs upside down, and is only about 1 inch across! It is adorable and so sweety-sweet!

Here are some Amaryllis about to open up!

And some ultra spring-like Aloe blooms!!!

Hope you enjoyed my morning photos...and stay tuned for some really beautiful orange colored blooms on some small plants down the road. I have no idea what they are, so will need help to ID them! Will plan to post them tomorrow! Have a wonderful spring Tuesday!
Julie

10 comments:

Teri said...

Beauteous blooms! Love the deep purple one. wowzer.

I'm glad you went for a walk and shared these beauties.

Darla said...

Beautiful flowers today, I adore any Hibiscus!!

Aaerelon said...

Those blooms are lovely and that little Hibiscus is adorable! I got into the greenhouses today so I'll have some nice flower pictures to upload over the next few days. I might try and space it out though. Very nice! I also never seen stamens on a Tibouchina like that before.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Thanks for the tour and that mini hibiscus is beautiful. I have never seen a mini one before. Have a good evening.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wonderful blooms Julie. I think I have had that hibiscus in the first photo before. I have never seen such a small hibiscus as the last one. Happy Spring.

Unknown said...

Your flowers are pretty!

Dr.Susan Sharma said...

Lovely pictures of Spring!

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful!
That itty-bitty flower is adorable! I also love the yellow with red center hibiscus.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. They are always appreciated.

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely photos! I've never seen a hibiscus that tiny before....so sweet! I love when the Tibouchina trees flower here....the vibrant purples are so gorgeous!

yoon see said...

Gorgeous flowers.
2nd, 3rd, 4th and the last photos are my flavourite.
Lovely pretty little blooms can make us feel so happy and high!!!