Translate

Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patty's Day ATC's!

Recently, some of you may remember...I had sent my SIL in Loiusiana an ATC, and described to her what they were and how we trade, etc. Well, she had surprised me and sent me one back. Now I think she may be hooked...cause guess what showed up in the mail today? The last time I talked to her on the phone, she was making chicken and dumplings, and we got to talking about our recipies...so here is her take on the St. Patty's Day ATC!

Isn't this just great? How do you like that big pot with fire underneath??? LOLOL! I just love it!

Anyway, I decided I had to make her one and get it in the mail by tomorrow, even though it is Sunday...so it can be already in place to be picked up as early as possible to get to her house on time! Here is what I came up with. I hand cut the 2 shamrocks and glued and glittered the edges. Ran some self-sticky "diamonds" all around and up, and wrote "Magic in the air...". The shamrocks each have a round bauble that say LOVE and JOY in each one. I think she will love it...she is such a love and joy herself!!! It is interesting how ATC's just sort of form themselves (design wise), isn't it???

13 comments:

Darla said...

These trading cards are becoming most popular...good job by both of you!

Unknown said...

Love the drunk looking Irish man!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your SIL's atc is great. I wish I had a plate full of her chicken and dumplings. I haven't had any since my Aunt passed away years ago. Your Irish ATC is great with all that sparkle.

Teri said...

LOL, you got her hooked is right. She made a very cute one.
And yours is just wonderful with the perfect words to go with it.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Adorable ATC's and loved that you used a lot of different embellishments on the clover one. I did not realize how popular they really are. I have seen frames just for them and also binders. The stamp store that I go to have a once a month day for trading. Fun!! Now the big thing to make and trade are tags. I have seen on blogs Tag Swaps.

Hope you find some Nemesias in your area. They are very pretty. I did not realize you have water restrictions in State also. Not fun at all. I pray that we all get the rain amounts needed. I really do not like being told when I can water my yard. : (
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Serena Lewis said...

They are both great ATCs...it certainly sounds like your sister may well be hooked!

soulbrush said...

what pure joy, getting someone new hooked on something you love yourself. hers is cute yours is fabadabadoo! happy st pats day to you and yours.

Unknown said...

S w e e t :)
HCM Julie

Deepa Gopal said...

Lovely Atcs, Julie!
And thanks for your kind words:)

HCM!

Claude said...

julie... just dropping by to let you know that there is a box on its way to you... I was just gonna let it be a surprise in your mail-box, but I couldn't help myself... should be there within a couple of days.

Julie said...

OMG! Claude...I can't wait now to see what is in the box! How exciting! Thanks in advance!

Claude said...

yep... like I said, I was gonna just let it be a surprise in your mailbox, but then I thought, "Why miss the chance to torture someone with anticipation?"

anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll like it...

Judi said...

Hi Julie
How fun that your sister and you can trade cards now?? It is addictive too I see. Funny how those things are.

Your card is a great one! Your sisters is too...wonder if that leprachan is melting gold...ahhhhhhh...

Have a wonderful day...hope you are having good weather...our temps are up to 60F again today. I'm sooo excited. This is not our norm as I keep repeating...loooove it!
*hugs*
Judi