Translate

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wild red things!

While walking through my yard this morning, I came upon some passion vine (red)... I believe it may be Passiflora Coccinea, and thought the rows of buds were so pretty growing atop all the jasmine bushes along the fence.

They are starting to bloom the past few weeks! They will bloom continuously from spring through fall here. It was kinda boring while they took a little break.

I had thrown an old 2 year old (or longer) Christmas Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) in my hibiscus bushes, and a few days ago, all of a sudden I noticed red leaves popping out...and sure enough, the leaves had just started to change to red (kinda late)...so I fluffed them up a bit nd got my red leaves poking outward so I would see them as I leave the house each time.

I discovered several Wild or Summer Poinsettia in my backyard growing all wild-like with a few friends today! I love the look of them. There are Euphorbia heterophylla.

Have a wild Thursday!

11 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Beautiful reds!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wild and wonderful. Isn't it fun to go out this time of year (or any time in your case) and find something blooming that you forgot about.

Darla said...

Nice surprises here!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Pretty finds in the yard, love it. That passion vine flower is beautiful. What a bright red.

Have a great Julie!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, love those reds...especially the bracts. Matti

Teri said...

You have such beautiful blooms in your garden!!!

Desert Swamp Dweller said...

I like the color themes you've been working with.

My Little Family: said...

Poinsettia? I am impressed!

walk2write said...

I love wild and especially unexpected!

Diane AZ said...

Hi, I love all your unusual and beautiful red blooming and leafy things!

Bobbie Lynn said...

When I saw the rose opened I thought of you. I hope you find one. I was not sure about it a first (the photo in the catalogue was not pretty) but Hubby wanted it and I'm glad we got it. The bud is just as pretty.

Have a great Friday.